If you’ve been around sometime–you know that I like to break up the monotony and be a little random at times. I also want to make sure that there are people out there that are hopefully paying attention 🙂
Every couple of years, I like to talk about myself… I’ve done a 10 things about myself before–which were mostly positive things but today, I wanted to talk about things that I wish I was better at. Mostly things that you wouldn’t know about me otherwise since I usually share just deals and coupons on this blog. Feel free to share somethings about yourself if you would like.. I would love to get to know you!
1. needing acceptance. This is a hard one for me. I think because I am such a perfectionist that I need acceptance from others in order to make a decision. (The fact that we own a business makes this VERY hard. I want others around me to accept the choices that are being made–which is probably not the best business trait)
2. Being organized. My desk, is a mess. enough said (yes, I have a coupon insert as my mouse pad!)
3. worrying less. I am a VERY big worry wort– I worry about a lot of things that are probably very small to others. This also goes in-line with needing acceptance, I’m always worried what others are thinking.
4. Chores — working from home is the HARDEST thing I’ve ever done. It was easy when my kids were young because I could complete chores while they were sleeping but now that they are older its so much harder to get them to help AND for me to finish my daily work schedule
5. Being a mom — again, working from home is hard. Its been 5 years and I still have not learned to balance both– I’m working on it though and make the promise of doing activities with my kids and only working during certain hours. I’ve also started to do more baking as my boys start to eat us out of house and home.
(I even work on vacation!)
6. Being a blogger– over the last 5 years I’ve learned a lot about blogging and community. I’ve taught myself html, coding, CSS, social media management, email marketing and so much more. If you would of told me that this would be my new career, 6 years ago I would look at you like a crazy person. Who would be interested in that stuff? However, I am SO grateful for my new talents and I think that every blogger goes through doubts about their blog– as it is a full.time. job. It also gets hard when you have to make decisions on your content and your blog. Daily thoughts of: “Is this post interesting enough?” “Are people paying attention?” “should I add this to the blog?” Whew! I never ever knew that blogging would be such a huge undertaking. But I absolutely love it. However, I know I am too hard on myself sometimes because I really, truly care what ya’ll think about me as a blogger. 🙂
I love using my blog as a means of self motivation. Getting it all “out” there is sort of a therapy session.