7 Ways to Save Money on Fast Food
We try to eat in as much as possible but sometimes we NEED to eat out (why? because momma needs a break!) and sometimes it is nice to treat the kiddos. Considering that the normal expense of eating out could add up to be more than one weeks grocery bill–when we eat out– we need to SAVE!
Do you need to make the occasional trip through the drive thru? If so, you might be wondering how to save money on your fast food purchase. Take a look below at 7 ways to save money on fast food that you can try! These are 7 great ways to spend less when you find yourself needing to eat on the go. Take a look!
1. Check the Sunday paper. You can still find fast food coupons (many BOGO coupons) when you check out your Sunday paper. Clip these coupons and keep them in your glove compartment so you have them on hand when you need them.
2. Take feedback surveys. When you get a receipt for your order, check the back for a survey. Many restaurants will give you a free item if you take the survey within a few days. This is a great way to give your opinion and get a free food item in the process.
3. Try Swagbucks. Take a few surveys each day and earn points for gift cards to your favorite fast food chains. You only need to spend a few minutes a day taking surveys, and then cash your points in for $5 and $10 gift cards. This is a great way to eat for less.
4. Split value meals. Instead of buying two 5 nugget meals, split a large 20 nugget meal. It will be just a dollar or so more, and you will get more food. The super size meals these days are typically enough for two people, so weigh the portions and decide if splitting a meal makes more sense.
5. “Like” your favorite restaurant. When you “like” your favorite restaurant on Facebook, you will get notified of upcoming sales, freebies, and even printable coupons. This is an easy way to stay on top of any money saving deals that may be offered that week.
6. Dine in. When you dine in, many places give free refills. This is also a great way to address any wrong orders so you aren’t paying for food you won’t eat. Plus, you also get all the free condiments you can use!
7. Get your discounts. Many restaurants offer a senior or student discount. Be sure to ask so you can get any discounts you have coming to you.
See how easy it can be to save money on fast food? Give these tips a try and eat for less!