My kiddos LOVE this dish and I’m a happy mom because they are getting their veggies!
Chicken & Broccoli Mac
- 2 1/3 cups uncooked pasta (8 oz)
- 1 small green bell pepper, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Broccoli Head
- 1 package cheese sauce of liking (I use Knorr Parma Rosa)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (I use 2 chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese — I usually way more! 😉
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta as directed on package–except omit salt and add bell pepper last 3 minutes of cook time. Drain; return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli & and cheese sauce. Stir cooked broccoli mixture, chicken, milk and ground red pepper into pasta. Pour into baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning; stir in oil, using fork. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over top of pasta mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until top is golden brown and pasta is hot.