Are you and your family torn on steak or chicken for your fajitas? Well of course you can have both-even in a simple freezer skillet meal. Pre made packets that are ready to toss in the pan anytime for delicious Steak & Chicken fajitas your family will love. Part of the Freezer Skillet cooking series these are easy to prep and bag so you can make 2 or 3 at a time in advance while avoiding the preservatives, additives, and extra sodium of store bought dinner kits. You will save money too preparing your own freezer meals.
1 lb. chicken breasts
1 lb. skirt steak or similar cut
2 green bell peppers
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tsp. lime juice
2 tsp. chilli powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. paprika
2 quart sized bags
gallon freezer bag
- Slice steak and chicken into small, bite sized strips.
- Cut onions and peppers into strips.
- Divide sliced chicken and steak into quart sized bags-I separate mine, you don’t have to you can just toss everything in the gallon bag if you like.
If you are keeping chicken and steak separate divide garlic, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and paprika between the two small bags-otherwise just dump it in.
- Add peppers and onions.
- To make sure I have the complete meal on hand and don’t forget something important I like to rubber band the gallon bag to a package of shredded cheese and a package of tortillas to keep it together- both will thaw great for this meal.
- Thaw bag and add a small amount of oil to a large skillet over medium heat, stir in bag contents and cook, stirring often until cooked throughout and veggies are tender.
- Warm tortillas slightly in microwave.
- Add salsa, sour cream, guacamole or any of your other favorite mix ins.