Ever wonder how to make that delicious chicken from Albertsons or Stater Bros? My family loves it! and we all fight over the crispy skin on top 🙂 Usually, this costs anywhere from $7-8 dollars at your favorite grocery store. Stores often have whole chicken on sale for just $0.88 per pound. Which pretty much gives you the same chicken for only $4 depending on its size.
Here is a simple way to get that yummy crispy skin chicken–for half the cost that you would get at the grocery store.
Find Whole Chicken on sale at Albertsons for just $0.88 through Sunday right now.
- Whole Chicken
- Salt (to taste)
- Baking Soda (1 teaspoon)
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning of your choice (we add Lemon Pepper)
- Take Chicken out and set on a rack (with pan underneath)
- Mix equal parts of Salt and Baking Soda in small bowl (as much as it takes to lightly coat the chicken)
- Rub Salt/Baking Powder mixture on the chicken. (note Baking Soda does NOTHING to the taste–it is just used to to help dry the moisture out of the skin) —
- Rub Olive Oil on entire chicken
- Let Chicken sit uncovered in refrigerator over night
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Transfer Chicken and Pan to the Oven and Cook for 60 minutes