Believe it or not–there are tons of ways to cut down your cable bill. Sometimes when you feel a pinch in your budget, you start to cut down on the things that aren’t “mandatory”. The great thing is that you can cut down and not even feel a difference. The average american family spends $1500 per year on cable expenses– imagine what that $1500 could do for you?!
Don’t let the cable tell you how much to spend. Take control and cut down a little. Besides, the idea is to save money.. and frankly, cable is not going to feed you 😉 Here are some tips to saving on cable and some easy and affordable alternatives.
Cut down your cable package:
HD, Sports Channels, Premium Movie Channels–those things add up! Go basic and you will save an average of $30 per month.
There are so many great alternatives to cable right now.
- Netflix: Hundreds of already-aired TV series, plus an unrivaled movie library. (I found a whole season of Dawsons creek! :P) Sign up for a FREE one month trial here. Starts at $8 per month
- Cons to Netflix: You miss out on current tv shows.
- Blockbuster Total Access: Very Similar to Netflix and begins at $9.99 per month. Sign up for 50% off your first month here
- Cons: No streaming.
- HuluPlus: Every episode of most current-season network shows, Plus Full series of many favorites (ie. The office) Sign up for a free two weeks here ($7.99 per month)
- Cons: You do not receive EVERY major show and movie selection is limited