This Slow Cooker Rubbed Roast is perfect for the cold or rainy days. This is great to have cooking all day. We like the veggies to be fall apart soft so cooking all day is perfect for that. If you prefer them to be firmer, put them in the crockpot 1-2 hours before serving. This is perfect with corn bread!
- 1 bottom round roast (sized to your needs)
- 2-4 tablespoons of avocado or olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Montreal seasoning
- 4 cups reduced sodium beef stock
- 1 cup dry red wine (optional amounts to your preference)
- 5 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 5-6 carrots sliced
- Rub the roast with the oil and then pat ton the seasoning to all sides.
- Place in a large crockpot heated to low.
- Add in the wine and beef stock (there is enough salt in the Montreal seasoning that you won’t miss the salt in the beef stock).
- Add in the carrots, potatoes and any other veggies you might want mixed in.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours (time depending on your schedule and how hot the slow cooker runs).
- The longer you let it cook, the more tender it will be.
Find More Slow Cooker Inspiration here