Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts make a great one skillet dinner, just add a side of pasta, potatoes, or rice for wonderful meal that looks fancy without the work of a fancy dish. Since my kids love chicken and cheese I can sneak in the spinach and they pretty much eat most of it-mom for the win! Another thing i like to do with this recipe is to individually bag chicken breasts once prepped so I can make as many or as few as I need. This is best done in a heavy pan like a cast iron skillet that can be placed on top of the stove as well as in the oven so it is truly a one pan meal.
4 chicken breasts
½ cup feta
2 cups spinach leaves
2 cloves garlic crushed
sea salt and pepper to taste
olive oil to brush
gallon freezer bag
sandwich sized bags
- Use a sharpie to write contents, cooking directions, and date on freezer bag.
- Slice chicken breast in half, ¾ of the way through.
- Stir garlic and feta together, stuff into center of chicken, dividing evenly between chicken breasts.
- Divide spinach among chicken breasts and press into center of each.
- Brush the outside of chicken breasts with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and crushed black pepper to taste.
- To make this dish easy to cook as many or as few as you need, bag each one in an individual sandwich bag, seal and place in larger freezer bag. This makes it easy to grab out just one for lunch as well as 4 or 5 for a dinner.
- Remove as many as you need from freezer, thaw completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Place breasts in a large oven safe skillet like a cast iron or you can also put them on a baking sheet with a lip.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked throughout and golden brown on top.
- Serve with rice, potatoes, or pasta and your favorite veggie.