Thieves oil has been used for centuries to help a variety of illnesses and keep them at bay. They are a must have oil in your healthy arsenal. Young Living Thieves Oil has a million and one uses, here are 20 of my favorite ways to incorporate it into our daily healthy living.
I absolutely LOVE Thieves oil–I love it so much that I try to find reasons to use it. 🙂
- Cold Sore-Place a drop or two into a teaspoon of carrier oil ( almond or coconut) and apply directly to affected area.
- Handy All-Purpose Cleaner- Add 10-12 drops to a spray bottle half filled with vinegar and half water, shake well- use for countertops, floors, and appliances.
- General Disinfectant- Add 5l drops of Thieves to a bottle of distilled water, spray public spaces like shopping carts, toilets, table tops water fountains,etc..
- Sanitizing Hand Soap- Add Thieves to your favorite homemade soap (or hand sanitizer) recipe.
- Clean Toys- Add 10 drops to a spray bottle of water, saturate toys with mixture and allow to sit for 10 minutes, rinse, dry well before next use.
- Floor Cleaner- Add 5 drops to a sinkful of water to help clean and sanitize floors.
- Ease Bug Bites- Add a drop directly to bite to relieve the stinging and itching.
- Effective Toothpaste- Combine 2-3 drops with 1 Tbsp. baking soda for a great homemade toothpaste, add a drop or two of peppermint as well.
- Build Immunity – Mix Thieves with a carrier oil like coconut oil and rub onto soles of feet- adults and children, nightly, cover with socks.
- Sore Throat Spray- Add Thieves oil to purified water, and a couple drops of peppermint. Shake up in a small spray bottle- spray into throat for relief from pain.
- Relieve Aches and Pains- Combine a tsp. of carrier oil with 2 drops Thieves, rub onto sore areas several times a day.
- Homemade Vicks– Include a few drops in your DIY Vicks recipe to boost the benefits ( coconut oil, peppermint, and eucalyptus).
- Sanitize The Dishwasher- Drip a few drops inside your dishwasher, process an empty load to sanitize and eliminate unpleasant odors.
- Deodorize Pet Bedding– Fill a spray bottle with water, add several drops of oil then mist over pet beds.
- Bug repellent– Combine in a spray bottle with rosemary, basil, lavender, and peppermint to create a DIY bug spray.
- Relieve Sinus Pressure– Place a few drops in a bowl of steaming water, cover your head with a towel, lean over it and inhale deeply for relief.
- Headache Relief– Place some on your temples, or many find relief by putting a drop on the thumb and press to the roof of your mouth for 2 minutes.
- DIY Dryer Sheet– Dampen a rag ( I like to use old cut up t shirts) add 2 drops of thieves and toss in dryer with clothes.
- Laundry Boost-Combine 5 drops oil with laundry soap, fabric softener, or straight to wash water to clean and deodorize.
- Air purifier- Use Thieves in your diffuser daily, especially during cold and flu season to clean the air.
Interested in essential oils? For a limited time you can get a excellent deal on a Young Living Premium starter kit! Get everything below plus several freebies for just $150 plus access to very helpful facebook groups!