Wild Rice and Sausage
- 12 oz smoked sausage
- 1 cup jubilee rice mix (winco bulk Bin #1659)
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 can (10 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup Chedder Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) can pimiento, drained & chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken flavor base (Winco Bulk Bin #2180)
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion (Winco Bulk Bin #1676)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In a large skillet, add sausage and brown.
- Add celery; continue cooking until celery is soft. Drain off excess fat.
- Add pimiento to sausage mixture, along with remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into 3 quart casserole; cover, bake 1 1/2 hours, or until rice is tender.